Cleaning your oven
To make your conventional oven perform well in the long run, you need to
clean it regularly.
Lots of conventional ovens nowadays have cleaning function who make the
cleaning task a lot easier. For more info check out other posts: How to maintain your oven? and Oven cleaning
However, some people chose the manual cleaning over the automated one as
they can fully satisfy themselves on the outcome. To clean your oven manually,
you need a trusted and effective cleaning agent. Be aware that, harsh
detergent liquid that might damage your oven, so they are better avoided.
A cheap and effective way to clean your oven is by using baking soda. To
clean your conventional oven manually in a natural way, you need the following
- Baking soda
- A little vinegar
- Damp cloth
- Spray bottle
- Plastic spatula
- Start by making sure your oven is completely empty. Remove all trays or
containers inside and make sure there are no large food scraps left.
- Mix a little amount of baking soda and water to make baking soda paste.
Just add enough water to the past for a perfect texture.
- Coat your oven's interior with the baking soda paste.
- Let the baking soda rest for about 12 hours. When your oven is very dirty
you can leave it in for longer.
- Remove all the paste by using a spatula and damp cloth.
- Fill a spray bottle with white vinegar, spray all areas that still have
baking soda paste residue.
- Wipe all the areas to completely remove the residues and dry your
- Put back the trays or cooking containers inside your oven